Sunday, April 17, 2011

Pura Vida By Lindsay Klomparens

Upon leaving for this trip I had no expectations. I had a hope of discovering new people, places, things, and ideas. Out of the many things I learned on this trip, one stuck out to me. One phrase; Pura Vida. Direct translation, "pure life." At the beginning of this trip, we were all introduced to this phrase and given the word's direct translation. We were encouraged to use it but interpret it in our own way. To me Pura Vida means community, family, and happiness. Take nothing for granted. Make the best choices for not only yourself but for those around you. Be trusting. "Want what you have, don't have what you want." Form a family and a life with exactly what you have and who is around you. Live life as it comes and to the fullest. Just this one phrase has done so much for me. A few words of advice: Accept it. Share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment